CALL NOW    386-248-3000

                    Get your life back on track!  Call now for a legal consultation386-248-3000

Contact Us 

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​  Green Cards through Family

U.S. citizens may petition for permanent residence in the U.S. for spouses, children, parents and brothers and sisters. To petition for parents and siblings, U.S. Citizen must be 21 years old. U.S. citizens may not petition for their grandchildren, nephews and nieces, cousins, and step-grandchildren. U.S. green card holders may petition for permanent residence for their spouses and children. 

Upon approval of the immigration petition, immediate relatives of the U.S. citizens (spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21 and parents) may immediately obtain a green card, either through adjustment of status in the U.S., if they are in the U.S., or consular visa processing, if outside of the U.S. Other immigrant relatives are divided into the preference categories, based on the closeness of the family relationship to U.S. citizen and LPRs:

  1. Unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. Citizens (over 21 y.o.)
  2. Spouses, children, and unmarried sons and daughters of LPRs
  3. Married sons and daughters of U.S. Citizens
  4. Brother and sisters of U.S. Citizens, if the citizen is at least 21 


​Within each preference category, there are certain number of visas allowed to be issued each year. Typically, the demand of visas exceeds the supply resulting in a backlog. For example, as of 2017, relatives in the first category are expected to wait 6 years; spouses and unmarried children of LPRs - 1 year; brothers and sisters of U.S. Citizens - 12 years. The wait times change yearly. 

​The permanent legal immigration process can be extremely complex and overwhelming to attempt to navigate it alone. Do not let a mistake get on your way of establishing lawful permanent residence in the U.S. We can streamline your legalization process and safe you a lot of time and money. Call us now for a legal consultation to see you qualify and how we can help. ​386-248-3000